4th Annual Blue Island Oyster Festival
WHEN | Saturday, September 14th, 2019
WHERE | Blue Island Oyster Company
136 Atlantic Ave, West Sayville, NY 11796
Blue Island Oyster Foundation will host the 4th annual Blue Island Oyster Festival, to benefit Blue Island Oyster Foundation & Save the Great South Bay, two organizations dedicated to raising awareness of how to protect our beloved Great South Bay.
TIME | 12 PM to 4 PM
Photo: 2018 Blue Island Oyster Festival at Blue Island Oyster Company headquarters on the Great South Bay.
EAT, DRINK, DANCE & PROTECT THE GREAT SOUTH BAY!
Price: $75 – Tickets are all inclusive!
There are only 500 tickets available for this event so get yours today before we sell out!
What your ticket gets you:
- Unlimited freshly shucked oysters. Varieties from at least 10 different Oyster Farmers
- Meet the farmers that grow and harvest these oysters
- Unlimited freshly shucked Great South Bay clams
- Culinary tastings locally crafted and donated from a variety of restaurants
- Live music all afternoon
- Blue Point Beer | Donated by Blue Point Brewery
- Proud Pour Wine | Donated by Blue Island Oyster Co.
- Guided tours of the Blue Island Oyster Hatchery
- AND MORE!!!
(not included in your all-inclusive ticket)
- Basket Auction
The Basket Auction is set up to raise money for the Blue Island Oyster Foundation Sayville High School Student Environmental Scholarship. Local organizations and businesses donate products, services and gift certificates for you to buy tickets for and win.
BECOME A SPONSOR
- We are accepting applications for culinary sponsors, oyster farmers, and a variety of other sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact us to see how you can get involved! Call 631.750.5986 or email email@example.com.
- We are asking that you be kind to our neighbors and do not park on Atlantic Avenue during this event. Please park on Main street in West Sayville, in the lot at the Southeast corner of Main Street and Atlantic or at the Sayville Train station. There will be NO onsite parking available.
- Shuttles will be available starting at 11:15 am from the Southeast corner of Main St. & Atlantic Ave. to bring you to and from the event site.
Gates open at 11:30 am.
Food & Beverages will be available from 12 pm to 4 pm.
Event is Rain or Shine
Must be 21 or older to attend, with valid ID. (Sorry, no babies or children)
No animals or pets will be permitted on the event grounds.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Yes, please bring a valid ID that you will show at check-in. All guests must be 21 or over. Sorry, no children or babies will be permitted to enter.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
Yes, as long as the guest presenting the ticket at the gate has a valid ID and is 21 or over, the name on the ticket does not matter.
Will there be tickets available at the gate?
No. If tickets are available the day of the event on Eventbrite, they can be purchased through Evenbrite only. If Eventbrite shows that we are sold out, then you are out of luck this year. We have sold out all 3 years so far, so we recommend buying your tickets early.
Where does the money go?
All net proceeds from ticket sales and any additional donated funds will go to the Blue Island Oyster Foundation and Save the Great South Bay. Both organizations support and promote initiatives to better the water quality of the Great South Bay.
Are there any sponsorship or donation opportunities for the event?
Yes. We will be accepting donations for the Basket Auction which will be set up during the festival for the festival guests to participate in as well as accepting monetary donations to help cover the cost of producing such a large event which can be submitted through the Eventbrite app or via check by mail. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 631.750.5986 to discuss how you would like to donate. Blue Island Oyster Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) so your donation may be tax deductible.